Lola Kate had a field trip to the fire station. She yelled "Get Out" for quite a few days after the trip. I'm sure we had some odd stares from grocery store customers who didn't understand the context. I love that the fireman put on all his gear and talked through the mask to show the kids they don't have to be afraid if they are in a fire and some masked Darth Vader comes to help them. It never occurred to me that kids could be afraid of the rescuer.
We've had some puddle jumping parties...look at the amount of water on the playground; it's a lake!
And this is the last day of school picture...it just all happened so fast! I can't believe we are already done with another year of Mother's Day Out. Lola is very excited to have Ms. Stacy next year (still cracks me up that she thought she was going to be in her class last year and was so upset to have a different teacher). She's been looking forward to preschool for at least 2 years so I hope it doesn't disappoint her.
Ms. Jeanie and Ms. Willie had Matalley and Lola when the girls were babies so Millie didn't miss out on their sweet lovin'. This month also included Mother's Day (aka: a lot of extra work for my sweet husband who already works hard). Us girls did a few girly things and then a loud family dinner at Pei Wei because it was quick and open.
And the highlight of the month was Lola's dance recital. That girl loves to dance and her smile was ear to ear during the entire performance...no stage fright or nerves or deer in the headlights look. She was a superstar. I'm glad she loves it so much. She certainly was the cutest dancer I saw. She didn't mind any practice....
She liked tap too...But her favorite was ballet...
She got a trophy but just having us there to watch her made her pretty proud. Love her.

No comments:
Post a Comment