The month is almost gone but memories of an awesome 4th of July in Meeker are not. I have spent all but maybe 7 of the last 38 Independence Days in Meeker, CO and not a lot has changed since my first one. Admittedly, I was anticipating lots of tears since my Yaya wasn't there (I did shed a lot). And I avoided the pie booth completely. But we had a really good time, despite missing Yaya. I don't know how to describe everything in detail (it's so late and I have a terrible memory) so basically this is just an onslaught of photos. But if you are reading this and can remember a detail or 2, please let me know so that I can add it.
Cousins were the best part of this year...so many and so cute! Janie and Henry overslept for the parade but made it for the firetruck ending.
The adults get into the spirit of the parade too and we do a good job of pointing out stray candy
Millie and I got up early to walk the 5K. I forgot her stroller so it was a long walk of me holding her and not retying my tennis shoes. I had some blisters and Millie was overheated.
Matalley was on candy patrol
Lola was on glasses patrol
We hung out after the parade to say hello to old friends and dance a little too
In the afternoon, we checked out the rodeo
And told stories
And tried to sleep. The girls did a great job on palates
Sunday, we went to the ranch for a dedication of the almost complete cabin.
The dedication ceremony elicited laughs and tears.
Just in time to go riding
The girls liked the road trip...
I liked the views...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment