Monday, September 14, 2015

Millie recap

Someone asked me how old Millie was today and I couldn't remember. I had to tell them she'll turn 2 in January and let them do the math...I'm not a computer. It's too hard to keep up with the months when we are already in the middle of September and I have about 10 blog posts that I have missed posting. It makes me sad to miss out on the blog posts because I can't remember all the cute innuendos and other details that make raising these 4 so fun. Today I grabbed my purse, glasses, keys, water bottle, coupon book and spare papers so I didn't have room to grab Millie. I told the girls to get in the car and while Lola had no problem heading to the door, Millie turned to grab 2 pencils, 2 hello kitty dolls, a car, and a leapster carrier (it looks like a small briefcase). She was fumbling every step with something but she was determined to get it all in the car. Determined but she's also 'go with the flow'...she has to as the youngest of 4. When everyone else dresses up like cows for free chick-fil-a, Millie does too...

She spends most her time in the carseat but is entertained plenty by her best friends. The nice thing about being the youngest of 4 is that there is always someone to pay attention to you. Notice big brother on a morning of cartoons and not folding laundry (she just pulls it all on the floor anyway so you have to wait until she's distracted or restrained to fold laundry).
 
Lola calls her silly millie
The summer was going great until Matalley decided to use Millie as a human cannonball onto the couch during her circus act. Millie thought it was funny so Matalley did it again and again until one time when Millie didn't find it funny.


Mommy had never found it funny and had repeatedly asked Matalley not to do it. Daddy had also gotten mad at Matalley and then one day Mommy heard Millie giggling like she was flying through the air and when she got up to check on it, she heard a sad, loud, cry. It was not a grace filled moment. I let a few cuss words fly and made sure to give Matalley the what-for (in my defense, Matalley said Millie looked cute in the cast and after the what-for decided she should "NEVER be around Millie again"....the dramatics). A trip to the ER happened quickly. Poor Millie's elbow was broken so she had to be in a bent cast for 6 weeks. It started off as a soft cast, went to a hard cast, and then back to a sling.
It limited us with the pool and sleep was a little difficult at first but otherwise, she kind of just functioned as normal. She's my go with the flow girl. We also had her 18 month appointment this summer and she is 50/50/50 for everything. No, I don't remember exact stats but I was glad the doctor didn't ask me any questions I couldn't answer. She says at least 10 words, points, understands simple commands and tries to dress herself. She even said her first sentence this summer (but I can't remember what it was)...bye bye Mommy or night night Daddy or Deaky no. I love that she calls her paci "bapi" and mama and milk sound a lot a like to me. She runs to keep up with the other kids but her legs are still stiff so it cracks me up. I love this little bundle of energy so much and am just trying to sneak in as much cuddle time with her as possible. I know it doesn't last forever.

No comments: