Friday, October 23, 2015

Dirt and Grease

This is my last catch up post...wahoo! I couldn't forget our Tri-State Fair and Rodeo visit. I took the girls separately to have time to do the little kids stuff and then we went back in the evening to hang with the big kids.

The petting zoo was a little overwhelming for both girls once this goat started eating Lola's skirt.

 Millie wanted nothing to do with petting the fawn that was too big for her liking
We saw a magic show and then saw some fair exhibits. Sadly, we didn't get anything entered in the fair this year. Every year I say we are going to do it and every year the fair comes and goes before we get a chance to slow down and really think about it. Maybe if I start planning now, we will make it for next year.
Not to be outdone by her tractor driving sister, Millie got on up there and pushed big sis out of the way (see above photo). She was tickled to drive it too.
When we went back with the bigs I didn't take my camera but Grayson was selected for the hypnotist show. Being that we live in Amarillo, we had many friends in the audience, including Grayson's teacher. I'm not sure that he was really under the hypnosis spell, but he sure put on a good show for all who were watching. And I really don't think he could have put all of that on so well if he hadn't been under the spell just a little bit. We saw some other shows, ate a turkey leg and some other fair goodies before allowing the kids to pick one ride or game. Matalley and Lola did a fun house and Grayson chose a game because the winners received a plastic gun which promptly broke 2 days later. All in all we left full and happy and glad to be done with it for at least another year. I can only take so much dirt and grease.

No comments: